Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Belly Picture







After many, many requests, we have finally taken our first Belly picture! Early on in the pregnancy, I would laugh at the idea of measuring or taking pictures of my belly every month. Why would I want to take a picture of my belly when it wasn't the baby sticking out, just my flabby abs? But now I understand. Those flabby abs weren't all that big back then. Now at six months, I wish I could compare side by side my pre-baby belly and the basketball belly I have now.




Yesterday, I was doing a prenatal Pilates video and Horacio saw the instructor and said "WOW, she is huge. Are you going to get like that?" Its hard for both of us to imagine what the next few months hold for my ever expanding belly. But as it gets harder for me to bend over and tie my shoes even, I am starting to imagine myself doing the prego wobble!




I also realized last night that it will soon be a challenge for me to even reach into a lower kitchen cabinet to get out a pot. So Horacio was a good husband and called our cabinet guy to come out on an emergency to install a pull out shelf for me. That way my belly won't get in the way of my ability to cook (maybe I should have kept it the way it is for an excuse not to cook!).

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the update, and also HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horacio better watch it with your cooking or soon we'll be seeing a photo of the both of you comparing your belly bumps! I hear the sympathy weight phenomenon is real!

    ReplyDelete