Monday, February 16, 2009

Las Mananitas

On my birthday Horacio woke me up at 5:45am with the song Las Mananitas. This is a typical way to celebrate someones birthday in the Mexican culture. Usually you would hire a Mariachi to come to your house early in the morning and wake up the person (and the neighborhood) with a live version of the song. Mariachis are a bit expensive in Denver, so YouTube was a good substitute! Plus I enjoyed listening to it in the comfort of my own bed!



He also woke me up that early to take me to my favorite place for breakfast, Kyles Kitchen. I love going out for breakfast, and will wake up at any ungodly hour just to go! But this morning God made it a little more special. It was beautiful out side.













Later that night I celebrated with 6 of my close girlfriends by going to dinner and a movie. I have been so blessed with a great group of friends, and rarely get a chance to just hang out with all girls. And since Horacio had class that night, I had a good excuse! Thank you ladies... I had a wonderful time with you!




All in all I had a great 3oth birthday!!

1 comment:

  1. I had a wonderful time with you too! Hope your birthday was just like you imagined - even if it didn't involve an overdose of wine! PS: Looks like Horacio is "just that into you"!

    ReplyDelete